PetSafe Deluxe Outdoor Bark Control House - UltrasonicPetSafe
The PetSafe Elite Outdoor Bark Control includes a digital timer that can be programmed to turn the unit on and off at specific times, just like an alarm clock. When the Elite Outdoor Bark Control is within range of barking, an internal microphone picks up the sound and the unit is activated. The unit emits an ultrasonic sound which cannot be heard by most humans, similar to a dog whistle. Startled by the high-pitched sound, the dog should associate his barking with the noise and stop barking.
The attractive and discreet unit will look right at home anywhere in your yard, whether it’s hanging up or free-standing on a table or other area. With a range of 50 feet, the ultrasonic sound could cover a 1/4 acre yard. For outdoor use only. Uses 9V alkaline battery (not included).
- Outdoor Bark Control - Disguised as a birdhouse, the unit emits an ultrasonic tone when your dog barks that can be annoying to your dog but is silent to most humans
- Small Outdoor Spaces - Each weatherproof unit covers ¼ acre; add more units to cover a larger size space; hang them in a tree or place on a solid surface outside
- Gentle Bark Control - The high-frequency tone (which humans can’t hear) works on all size dogs 6 months and older
- Built-In Digital Alarm - The timer works like an alarm clock, turning the unit on and off at specific times to help your pup from becoming desensitized to the ultrasonic tone
- Low Battery Indicator - Each unit uses a replaceable 9-volt alkaline battery (not included) and has an LED low-battery indicator
- “No Bark Guarantee” - If this product is not meeting your needs, please contact PetSafe® so we can help you find a different solution for your dog
- For dogs of any size
- Range up to 50 feet covering 1/4 acre
- Microphone detects barking to prevent false corrections
- Uses 1 9-Volt alkaline battery (not included)
- Average battery life is 2 months depending on how often the dog barks
- Low-battery indicator
- Measures 4 1/2” wide x 7” tall x 3 5/8” thick
- Related Part Numbers: DBC-1000
Best Use Tips
- Place the unit no higher than 5 feet from the ground.
- Face the front of the device towards the dog.
- Make sure there aren't any large objects between the device and the dog. The sound doesn't travel well through fences, trees, or walls.
- Don't use this bark control device on dogs who are deaf or hard of hearing. They won't respond to the ultrasonic tone.
- Turn off the device when not in use. This helps prevent dogs from becoming desensitized to the sound.
- Add additional units to cover areas larger than 1/4 acre.
- Don't use this product inside your home. The ultrasonic sound will bounce differently indoors.
- To improve battery life, use the timers to turn on the unit only when the dog barks or turn the unit off when not in use.
- While the unit is weatherproof, it shouldn't be submerged in water. If water enters the microphone, the device might not work until the microphone dries.