The Black Mountain Heated Whelping Nest reduces mortality in newborn puppies and produces healthier, more vigorous pups. The Black Mountain Whelping Nest has an electronic heat sensor that constantly gauges the temperature and adjusts it accordingly. This maintained temperature is an important piece in a young puppy's life for the first 7-10 days.
The Black Mountain Whelping Nest is the NEXT GENERATION of whelping nests!
- Made in the USA
- 150 watts
- Nest is recycled from a blend of virgin and RECYCLED EPDM rubber making it good for the environment and energy efficient
- One-Piece Solid Construction - no adhesives to break down - one piece unit eliminates water or urine from creating electronic failure
- Blended rubber - strong, no breakage during shipping and long-lasting
- Great heat conductor with even surface temperatures edge to edge
- Even surface temperatures DECREASE MORTALITY in newborn animals
- The nest surface is easily cleaned and sanitized - just use mild soap and water. Disinfecting is easy: use equal parts water and white vinegar. Wipe on, wipe dry. All done!
- The nest surface is smooth but because it is a blended rubber, it allows traction for newborn animals promoting more complete feedings, early muscle growth and better conformation since slick surfaces can lead to swimmers' legs or turtle syndrome
- Digital Thermostat is user-friendly and increases temperatures by 1 degree
- Digital Thermostat Temperature Range is from 50 degrees to 108 degrees Fahrenheit
- Thermostat is Preset to Ideal Puppy Temp at 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- Digital Thermostat can be easily removed and replaced
- Pre-Drilled holes for easy mounting - screws and template included
Additional Information and Features:
- If mounting as a 'free floating' bottom outdoors, a brace is suggested across the bottom outside of the nest along with some insulation to prevent drafts coming up through the floor
- Dimensions: 22.5" round diameter and approximately 2" deep - hole size for mounting direct to the floor is 20.5" - template is included
- 6.5 foot power cord included
- If you change the thermostat temperature, or when you turn on the thermostat, you will see a large number - that's the SET TEMPERATURE. Then you will see two smaller numbers. That is the Minimum/Maximum setting. So, if the SET TEMPERATURE is 95, you will see 93 and 97 as small numbers. That means the nest will never drop below 93 and never exceed 97. It is a built-in safety feature of +/- 2 degrees Fahreinheit
- 12 month warranty on workmanship and materials - All warranty work will be handled directly with BLACK MOUNTAIN - each nest is date stamped on the bottom to insure your warranty. Nest can be returned in original box at owner's expense - Template is separate from box.
WARNING TO PREVENT OVERHEATING: You MUST plug the nest's electrical cord into the FRONT of the thermostat. The wire should be plugged into the SIDE of the controller and the controller MUST BE the only item on the nest plugged into the outlet.